ACPC Marcella Kochańska Sembrich Vocal Competition 2017
1. Contestant must be of Polish descent, a United States citizen or a permanent resident, and not under professional management. Canadian residents of Polish descent are also encouraged to apply.
2. The competition is open to men or women up to the age of 35, who are pursuing higher education in voice, or in early stages of their vocal career.
1. Each contestant must submit a completed application form with required enclosures.
2. Each contestant must submit six (6) copies of a DVD or CD recording of his/her singing with accompaniment.
3. The recording should be approximately 30 minutes, and consist of arias and art songs, including selections in several languages including Polish. The DVD/CD must be labeled with the applicant's name and the selections performed.
4. Sketch of family tree demonstrating Polish heritage.
5. The winner must be available to perform a full recital at the 2017 national convention of the American Council of Polish Culture (ACPC) in Toronto, Canada, at a date TBD in August of 2017. The recital must include several Polish arias or art songs.
6. The ACPC will provide for the winner two (2) night's accommodation and reasonable travel expenses.
7. Applications with enclosures must be received by April 15, 2017.
Send application and enclosures to:
Dr. Jaroslaw Golembiowski, Chairman of
Marcella Kochańska Sembrich Vocal Competition
1427 W. Greenleaf Ave #3N
Chicago, IL 60626
download application form from: http://www.polishcultureacpc.org (search: competitions)
electronic submissions will be considered-please call first 773-262-9699
For additional Information e mail: email@example.com
When preparing your program please remember the Unesco Polish anniversaries:
200th anniversary of the death of Tadeusz Kościuszko, political leader (1746-1817)
100th anniversary of the death of Ludwik Zamenhof, physician and linguist (1859-1917)
also Aleksander Tansman was born June 12 1897